To detect putative neutralizing antibodies via ELISA takes 1 to 3 hours. CAMPTON Diagnostics Reader 100 and COVID-19 IgG test reduces testing time to 13 min.
At CAMPTON Diagnostics we believe that faster and more accessible diagnostics will improve patient outcomes leading to a longer and healthier life. With the new CAMPTON Reader 100 a true point-of-care platform is introduced enabling while-you-wait results for enhanced disease treatment and management.
COVID-19 IgG antibody test
The CAMPTON COVID-19 IgG antibody test examines patient samples for antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 virus, which can lead to COVID-19. To prevent further and rapid spread of the infectious COVID-19, it is necessary to identify infectious patients with and without symptoms as well as recovered patients.
With our COVID-19 IgG antibody test, physicians can quickly and efficiently identify whether and how many antibodies a patient has developed and can be considered as recovered. The test delivers a reliable result from just a few microlitres of serum or whole blood in accordance with WHO guidelines during 13 minutes at the point of care, i.e. in the immediate vicinity of the patient’s sample collection. This eliminates the need for a time-consuming logistics chain that involves storage and transport of samples.
Advantages of the CAMPTON Nucleic Acid Test
Common serological diagnostic tests usually require laboratories and excessive equipment as well as extensively trained personnel to deliver slow results for goldstandard ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) test (e.g. 1-3 hours to get results).
Our portable and fully automated CAMPTON Reader 100 device performs sample preparation and detection via an μELISA all within the self-contained single-use “laboratory in a cartridge” within 13 min. This makes it especially easy to perform with minimal equipment and training.
The CAMPTON COVID-19 IgG antibody test can be combined with our CAMPTON COVID-19 RT-LAMP test both running on the same CAMPTON Reader reducing the need for multiple testing platforms. These test results within minutes, enable simultaneous identification of putative infectious as well as recovered patients leading to cost- and time-efficient diagnostics for improved patient outcomes.
CAMPTON COVID-19 IgG antibody test at a glance
- Fully automated platform – from sample-in to automatically analysed and recorded results on demand
- Robust – works over broad operating conditions
- Easy – minimal equipment and training required
- Smart Handling – specifically shaped ready-to-use cartridges are especially user-friendly and enable easy loading of all consumables
- Safe – sealed cartridges help prevent cross-contamination
- Compact Design – space-efficient and true POC capabilities
- Measurement from a drop of blood (10 μl) from the fingertip
- Results within 13 minutes
- Sensitivity comparable with laboratory ELISA test pursued
- High specificity:
Detection of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid (N) and spike (S) protein antigens
- Semi-quantitative and qualitative analysis possible
- Detection via μELISA on an electrical biochip
COVID-19 serological and molecular biological assays both expected to be released in 2020/2021.