To diagnose infections via goldstandard PCR tests take from 1 to 3 hours. CAMPTON Diagnostics Reader 100 and COVID-19 RT-LAMP test intends to reduce testing time to 30 min.
At CAMPTON Diagnostics we believe that faster and more accessible diagnostics will improve patient outcomes leading to a longer and healthier life. With the new CAMPTON Reader 100 a true point-of-care platform is introduced enabling while-you-wait results for enhanced disease treatment and management.
COVID-19 RT-LAMP test
The CAMPTON COVID-19 RT-LAMP test examines patient samples for SARS-CoV-2 virus, which can lead to COVID-19. To prevent further and rapid spread of the infectious COVID-19, it is necessary to identify infectious patients with and without symptoms.
With our COVID-19 RT-LAMP test, physicians can quickly and efficiently identify affected patients and immediately initiate the appropriate treatment. The test plans to deliver a reliable result via nucleic acid amplification in accordance with WHO guidelines in less than 30 minutes at the point of care, i.e. in the immediate vicinity of the patient’s sample collection. This eliminates the need for a time-consuming logistics chain that involves storage and transport of samples.
Advantages of the CAMPTON Nucleic Acid Test
Common molecular biological diagnostic tests usually require laboratories and excessive equipment as well as extensively trained personnel to deliver slow results for goldstandard PCR tests (e.g. 1-3 hours to get results).
Our portable and fully automated CAMPTON Reader 100 device performs sample preparation, isothermal nucleic acid amplification and detection in connection with some manual handling steps. All this within 30 minutes is pursued. This allows for easy implementation with minimal equipment and training.
The CAMPTON COVID-19 nucleic acid test can be combined with our CAMPTON COVID-19 IgG antibody test. Both running on the same CAMPTON Reader reducing the need for multiple testing platforms. These test results enable simultaneous identification of putative infectious as well as recovered patients leading to cost- and time-efficient diagnostics for improved patient outcomes.
CAMPTON COVID-19 RT-LAMP test at a glance
- Fully automated platform – from sample-in to automatically analysed and recorded results on demand*
- Robust – works over broad operating conditions
- Easy – minimal equipment and training required
- Smart Handling – specifically shaped ready-to-use cartridges are especially user-friendly and enable easy loading of all consumables
- Safe – sealed cartridges help prevent cross-contamination
- Compact Design – space-efficient and true POC capabilities
* For molecular biological assays an additional sample purification and manual handling step may be required.
- Measurement from nasal and oropharyngeal swab samples
- Results in 30 minutes are pursued
- Sensitivity will be comparable with laboratory PCR test
- High specificity:
Detection of SARS-CoV-2 E gene and orf1ab gene
- Nucleic acid amplification using RT-LAMP
- Fully automated detection via enzymaticatically induced redox-cycling on an electrical biochip
COVID-19 serological and molecular biological assays both expected to be released in 2020/2021.